Responsible Service of Alcohol Victoria online services

Apply for Bridging Course - Eligibility Check

If you have completed an RSA course in another state of Australia, you can apply here to do a bridging course to have your certificate recognised in Victoria, provided that the following criteria have been met:

  • the interstate RSA course has been approved by that state or territory liquor licensing authority; and
  • the RSA qualification is not older than 3 years; and
  • the RSA qualification permits the holder of the qualification to work in any class/type of licensed premises.

If your interstate RSA certificate does not meet the above criteria, your application to complete the bridging course will be declined.

Please note, the above requirements are not applicable to the following:

  • Interstate staff who are supplying liquor at producers events, which are one-off or short-term events are no longer required to apply for mutual recognition if they have either a current Victorian RSA certificate or a Statement of Attainment from the Nationally Accredited Training unit, either SITHFAB009A, SITHFAB201 or SITHFAB002